The Current Affairs Department is of the Departments in the Rivers State Broadcasting Corporation with fourteen (14) staff. The department has five (5) operational units.
- The current affairs department is on research.
- The department follows the trend of events and things as they occur in the state, the country and the world.
- The current affairs department put together documentary issues of concern in her daily commentaries.
- The department conducts special interview on Saturdays 3-4pm.
- The department also carries out spotlight interviews every Sunday 3-4pm.
- The department offers training to students on industrial attachment.
- The department carries out business analysis and reports same on air.
- The current affairs department reports the activities and programme of government of the week in retrospect on Sundays at noon.